Metallic pigment powders are beautiful and you can use them for many different things. I used them to create swirls in resin. The picture doesn’t do it justice!
You will need:
– Resin – I use Easy Cast
– Pigment powders
– Resin mold
– Toothpick or wire scrap
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Prepare your resin, according to the package directions.
2. Separate the resin. One cup will have the clear resin, the other two will have less resin.
3. Tap a little pigment powder into each of the cups with less resin and mix well.
4. Pour clear resin into the mold, but not all the way to the top.
5. Take your toothpick, or wire and scoop up a small glob of colored resin and drip it into the clear resin you poured into the mold. Make several drops with each color, making sure to wipe the toothpick or wire before moving onto the next color.
6. Wipe your wire or toothpick and swirl it through the resin, making interesting patterns and swirls.
7. Let it sit and cure for 12 hours.
8. Remove from mold.
That’s it! Thank you for stopping by. Happy Crafting!
Here are some of the items I used in this project: