As I mentioned in my last post, whenever I make too much resin for a project I am working on, I just pour the excess into a mold and then I have clear charms that I can play with.
I came across my bottle of micro beads and I wondered how well it would work if I used them on the back of the beads. I thought it might add some interesting texture.
You will need:
– Resin charms – I used Easy Cast Resin and some molds I had
– Nail polish
– Micro beads
– Top coat nail polish
1. Take your resin charms and you will be working on the back/flat side.
2. Take your clear topcoat and apply it to the back of the charms. While wet, sprinkle some micro beads into the wet top coat and allow to dry.
3. If you want to add glitter, you would add another topcoat and sprinkle in the glitter and allow to dry.
4. Take your nail polish and paint it over the beads and/or glitter.
5. If you think it needs an additional final dark coat, apply that as well.
6. Finish with a topcoat or a thin layer of resin.
7. The stones will have a matte finish on the clear side. You can leave it, if you like it. If you want the colors and textures to pop, apply either a clear topcoat, a Triple Thick, or a thin layer of resin to the top. It shines it right up!
Now you have these cool charms! You can make pendants, keychains, add it to a pretty ribbon and turn it into a bookmark!
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!