To stay up on the latest, be sure to SUBSCRIBE to my
Products I Use above!
This was my last Valentine’s Day Coaster of the season!
You will need:
– Coaster mold
– Heart mold
– PearlEx pigment powders
– Glitter – red and an iridescent powder
– Easy Cast Resin (for more info about Easy Cast, go to www.eti-usa.com)
* I have all the products linked in the Products I Use – Amazon store above. I bought the heart mold at Walmart, but if you can’t find it there I linked a very similar one also.
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Prepare your resin, according to the package directions.
2. Pour resin into the heart mold.
3. Sprinkle pigment powder into the heart molds and use a toothpick to move the colors around, if you want. Do any color combination you like.
4. Allow to cure for 12 hours and then unmold.
5. Prepare your resin and mix in red glitter.
6. Pour into the bottom of the mold. Make sure it spreads to the edges. You only need enough to cover the bottom, because you don’t want your hearts to be covered.
7. Place in the resin hearts.
8. At this point, I thought the plain red looked too plain, so I had this fine iridescent powder then I sprinkled over the whole thing. I let it cure for 12 hours.
9. I brushed the powder off of the hearts and prepared more resin.
10. I poured the clear resin over the entire coaster and let it sit for another 12 hours.
That’s it! Unmold it and you are done!!
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!
Here are some of the products I used available at Amazon: