Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™
Valentine’s Day Hairbands DIY – Dollar Store Craft
To stay up on the latest, be sure to SUBSCRIBE to the Craft Klatch YouTube Channel HERE!
If you want to dress up your Valentine outfit, with some fun accessories, this project is for you! With the exception of the glue, everything was purchased at the dollar store. Inexpensive and fun! What could be better?
You will need: – Hairbands – Plastic heart gems or table scatter – Red fake roses – White fake flowers or berries – Glittered hearts – Glue – I used a combo of hot glue and Weldbond
Here are some items available through Amazon (affiliate links):
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Take your hairband and your plastic heart gems. Attach each one to the hairband, using glue. I used a combination of hot glue and Weldbond, realizing the Weldbond with work better longterm, but the hot glue would hold it in place, while the Weldbond dried.
2. Repeat gluing the gems and alternating each one, all the way down the hairband, or maybe to an inch above the end. Allow to completely dry.
3. For the second hairband I used hot glue to glue on the flower, the white berries and the glittered hearts.
4. Then, I glued on the heart gems, alternating each one. The gems I glued on with both the hot glue and the Weldbond.
5. Turn the hairband over and with wire cutters, snip off any part that are sticking through. Nobody was something poking in their heads.
6. Now, with the hairband upside down, add Weldbond to the back to hold the grouping in place. Allow to dry.
That’s it! Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!!