It’s that time of year, where all the stars get dressed in their beautiful ball gowns and walk the red carpet. It’s Oscar season!! In honor of Oscar season, I made two coasters that fit with a movie night theme.
The links below are affiliate links and support this blog and channel at no additional cost to you.
You will need:
- Coaster mold: http://amzn.to/2luuFoj
- Resin: http://amzn.to/2kZtcJC
- Popcorn: http://amzn.to/2kZIuxX
- Movie stickers: Try the craft store
- Chunky silver glitter: http://amzn.to/2lxcFdW
- Red acrylic paint: http://amzn.to/2kZttwb
- Super Gloss Mod Podge: http://amzn.to/2kZOdDV
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Mix two ounces of resin, according to the package directions.
2. In one, mix in unpopped popcorn and pour it into the coaster mold. Be sure you don’t add too much popcorn because you want the surface to be flat.
3. In the second, mix in chunky silver glitter and pour it into the coaster mold.
4. Take your lighter and pop the bubbles. Let it cure a minimum of 12 hours.
5. Take movie stickers and stick them onto the popcorn coaster.
6. With red acrylic paint, paint a stripe going down the middle. It should look like a red carpet. Let it dry.
7. Print out an image of Oscar. I printed it on card stock and used a laser printer. Cut it out and use a permanent black marker to color just the edges. Let it dry.
8. Using Mod Podge, stick it onto the red carpet. Make sure you put the Mod Podge all over the front of the coaster and let it dry. You will want to repeat the Mod Podge at least one more time, to make sure the paper is fully sealed. Let it FULLY dry.
9. When everything is dry, mix two more ounces of resin and pour it over each coaster. Pop bubbles with lighter and let it cure a minimum of 12 hours.
10. When it’s finished, remove it from the mold and you have an awesome coaster, surely deserving of an award!!
Thanks for stopping by! Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!