I found a brain jello mold at the dollar store and decided to use it to make a brain candleholder for Halloween. Halloween may be over for this year, but it’s never too early to start planning for next year!
Here is the video tutorial, so you can see exactly how I made it!
2. I took the candle apart and knew I could embed it into the brain.
3. I filled the candle base with Silly Putty.
4. I then used some tape to put it over the Silly Putty because I did not want it to slowly ooze out.
5. Then, I glued it onto the brain mold, with a little hot glue.
6. I mixed the plaster of paris and poured it into the mold.
7. Once I had it all poured into the mold, I tapped it on the table, to help the air bubbles rise to the top.
8. Once it dried and became solid, I tapped it out of the mold.
9. I then used a screwdriver to break away any plaster that had seeped over the embedded base.
10. Once I broke it away, I was able to remove the Silly Putty.
11. Then I painted it pink, gray and green. You can paint it any color you would like.
12. Once it dried, I used a bit of a peach color to highlight the brain.
13. I used red paint to add color to the candle.
14. Once dry, I used my glue gun and added runny glue.
15. I then painted it red.
16. I added more red to the candle and I added a little purple to the blood, to make it a little more realistic.