Use alcohol inks and resin to create petri dish coasters!
Here is a quick video, so you can see exactly how I made one!
The links below help support this channel, as I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
You will need:
Similar mold: https://amzn.to/2qvEyWP
Alcohol Ink set: https://amzn.to/2r5nhUY
Resin (use whatever resin brand you like):
This is the resin I used for this project:
FX Poxy: http://amzn.to/2AF3Pkk ~ According to the manufacturer, this one is heat resistant to 500 degrees F.
Easy Cast: http://amzn.to/2yjYmBC
Art Resin: http://amzn.to/2yk9X3z
Clear Cast: http://amzn.to/2z4rxGw
1. I mixed about three ounces of resin. I poured a small amount in the bottom.
2. I popped the bubbles, with my lighter.
4. I then began dripping the alcohol ink onto the resin. The key is to add the color and follow it with white and keep layering it as you go.
5. Once you have added the inks, you want to let it sit a minimum of 12 hours, to cure. DO NOT use your lighter on it, to pop any bubbles. Alcohol ink is flammable and you don’t want to set your masterpiece on fire!
6. After 12 hours, remove the coaster from the mold.
Now you can admire the beautiful colors and how they blended!
That’s it! Thanks for stopping by! Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!