Learn how to make coastal coasters using inexpensive tiles and scrapbook paper. It’s a coastal craft tutorial! I went coastal and these were the papers I liked, but you can certainly customize the coasters with your home decor and the scrapbook papers available has something for everyone!
Here is a quick video tutorial, so you can see exactly how I made them:
The links below help support this channel, as I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
You will need:
Rubbing Alcohol: https://amzn.to/2ujfrcJ
Dishwasher Mod Podge: https://amzn.to/2ukqT7N
Fun Scrapbook paper: https://amzn.to/2veFaTZ
1. I cleaned the tiles, with rubbing alcohol and let them dry.
2. I found some coastal scrapbook paper.
3. I traced around the tile, on the back of the paper, so I had the perfect size.
4. I cut out the the squares.
5. I brushed the Mod Podge onto the tile.
6. I also brushed the Mod Podge onto the back of the paper.
7. I places the paper onto the tile.
8. Then, I brushed the Mod Podge onto the top of the paper.
9. I used my finger to rub is down really well, so there were no bubbles. Then, I did a follow up brush. I would suggest two or three coats, so it is well sealed.
TIP: For a nice smooth finish, water down the Mod Podge and/or your brush and it should smooth everything right out.
Then you have some simple coastal coasters!
That’s it! Thanks for stopping by! Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!