Create some coastal home decor with this easy sailboat craft!
Here is a quick video tutorial, so you can see exactly how we made them:
The links below help support this channel, as I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
You will need:
3/4″ plywood: Best to get it from your local home improvement store
Saw I use: https://amzn.to/2QiwKUs
Sander or sandpaper: https://amzn.to/2p1KIxT
Ivory paint: https://amzn.to/2x1uLv4
Blue paint: https://amzn.to/2QopCWS
Dowel for mast: https://amzn.to/2CBi7Zy
Dowel pins: https://amzn.to/2oS8cFr
1. Trace sails and bases of the boats onto 3/4″ plywood.
2. Sand the pieces.
3. Paint the pieces. Choose colors that go with your decor.
5. Use your sander to distress the paint. It gives it a matte finish and makes it look time worn.
6. Greg helped me put them together. I stained the dowel and then we found the center of the bases.
7. We drilled a hole into the base.
8. We drilled holes for the dowel pins, to add support for the sails.
9. We added the pins with glue in the holes and along the mast.
10. We added the sales.
11. We used a rubber band to keep it all together, while the glue dried.
12. While the glue was drying, I took some felt and painted it a coral color. I cut it into the shape of an elongated diamond.
13. I glued them on the top of the masts.
That’s it! Now you have some fun coastal decor that can be personalized to match your decor perfectly!
Thanks for stopping by! Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!