Learn how to create resin unicorn coasters with this fun DIY! It can be a resin coaster, or keep your jewelry organized and use it as a ring holder! It’s fun room decor with just a touch of glitter!
Here is a quick video tutorial, so you can see exactly how I made them:
The links below help support this channel, as I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
You will need:
Coaster mold: https://amzn.to/2yXVoTd
Horn mold: https://amzn.to/2RJ70k3
Horn mold: https://amzn.to/2qEaZmE
Flower mold: https://amzn.to/2DwJofD
Pigment powder: https://amzn.to/2OxOh9a
White resin: https://amzn.to/2JR8Som
Clear resin: https://amzn.to/2z9h7rN
White feather boa: https://amzn.to/2DvKwQE
Colorful boas: https://amzn.to/2PIO5sv
Pink glitter: https://amzn.to/2yY0a35
Hot glue: https://amzn.to/2FezFMG
Clear glue: https://amzn.to/2qEaf0Q
Craft foam: https://amzn.to/2JQOiEy
Cricut (Amazon): http://amzn.to/2wChE2l
Cricut (Cricut site): http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?B=993649&U=1248544&M=51766&urllink=
Cricut vinyls: http://amzn.to/2w4DOJj
2. I used pigment powder and brushed it on the inside of the horn mold. It can be a solid color, or a mix of colors.
3. I did the same with the flower mold.
5. I used a fast curing resin for this project, but you can use a clear resin and add white pigment. By dusting the inside of the molds, with the pigment powder, the pigment powder becomes one with the resin.
TIP: For the horns, I had them cure on a light angle, so they would have a little angle, when cured.
6. Once cured, I removed all the parts from the molds.
7. I glued the horns to the coasters.
8. I cut a face out of vinyl with my cutting machine, but you can also paint it on.
9. I put on the faces.
10. I mixed two ounces of clear resin and poured it on the coasters. This gives additional strength to the horn.
11. I used my stir stick, to make sure it went to the edges.
12. I popped the bubbles with the lighter and let them cure a minimum of 12 hours.
13. I cut ears out of craft foam and glued them on with hot glue.
14. I painted pink inner ears.
15. I added glue to help make the attachment stronger and then sprinkled the glue with glitter.
16. I then added additional glue and put on a piece of the feather boa.
17. I trimmed the excess.
18. I glued on the flowers.
That’s it! Now you can use them as coasters, or as ring holders.
That’s it! Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!