Learn how to make a reindeer resin coaster! A Christmas craft tutorial!
Here is a quick video tutorial, so you can see exactly how I made it:
The links below help support this channel, as I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
You will need:
Coaster mold: http://amzn.to/2FcRd7J
Fine copper glitter: https://amzn.to/2UOtbIb
White paint: https://amzn.to/2PDPht0
Black paint: https://amzn.to/2QMGwBB
Brown paint: https://amzn.to/2EnWb3H
Red paint: https://amzn.to/2EnWOdz
Pipe cleaners: https://amzn.to/2Lhm8TS
Wire cutters: https://amzn.to/2EnPGxQ
Brown felt: https://amzn.to/2PDHfjL
Resin (use whatever resin brand you like):
Easy Cast: http://amzn.to/2yjYmBC
Art Resin: http://amzn.to/2yk9X3z
Clear Cast: http://amzn.to/2z4rxGw
FX Poxy: http://amzn.to/2AF3Pkk ~ According to the manufacturer, this one is heat resistant to 500 degrees F.
1. I mixed one ounce of resin.
2. I mixed a little bit of copper pigment powder into the resin.
3. Then, I added fine copper glitter and mixed it really well.
4. I poured it into the coaster mold.
5. I used my lighter to pop the bubbles and let it cure a minimum of 12 hours.
6. I painted the features onto the coaster, which included:
7. I mixed one ounce of resin and poured it onto the coaster.
You can help move the resin to the edges.
8. I used my lighter, to pop the bubbles.
9. I drilled holes into the resin, using my rotary tool.
10. I cut pieces of pipe cleaners to length.
11. I cut shorter pieces of the pipe cleaners and wrapped them around the longer pieces.
12. I added glue to the holes and inserted the pipe cleaners.
13. I cut pieces of brown felt into ears.
14. I added glue to the felt and put the onto the reindeer head.
15. I sprinkled copper glitter onto the glue areas and shook off the excess.
That’s it! Now you have a cute reindeer coaster!
Thanks for stopping by! Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!