Similar Doily mold: https://amzn.to/2Qnzvpu
Stamp pad: https://amzn.to/39zuCkU
Blue glitter: https://amzn.to/37QnQFM
Resin (use whatever resin brand you like):
Easy Cast: http://amzn.to/2yjYmBC
Art Resin: http://amzn.to/2yk9X3z
Clear Cast: http://amzn.to/2z4rxGw
This is the resin I used for this project:
FX Poxy: http://amzn.to/2AF3Pkk ~ According to the manufacturer, this one is heat resistant to 500 degrees F.
Here is the video tutorial, so you can see exactly how I made it:
1. I pulled out the silicone doily.
2. I used my black stamp pad to stamp on the silicone form, until I had it nice and dark.
3. I mixed one ounce of resin.
4. I added fine blue glitter and mixed it in.
5. I slowly poured the resin onto the form.
6. I used the stir stick to move the resin to the edges.
7. I used my lighter to pop the bubbles. I did it very quickly and for a short time, so the resin would not run over the edges. I let it cure.
8. I did end up having a little bit run over the edge and I ran my craft knife through it, when it was a little bit cured. So it snapped off really easily.
9. I peeled the resin off the form.
Here it is! The mold has a matte finish, so the resin has a matte finish. You can notice the glitter, but it’s not sparkly like it would be if it was shiny. I still love it!
Here is the backside, where it is shiny.
The edges were overall really clean, except for a couple of small pieces. I was able to snap those off with my fingernails. No filing necessary!
Here it is with last week’s pigment version.
Here are the backs. You can clearly see through the pigment version, but the glitter one is obviously a little less clear.
That’s it! Thanks for stopping by! Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!