I have made two bowls out of resin in the past. I used plastic bowls and Cling Wrap. It worked, but I thought there had to be a better way! And there is!! I used EasyMold Silicone Rubber. It’s a material made by Environmental Technology, Inc., they also make the EasyCast Resin that I have used in many, many projects!!
Here is the great thing about this material, you can mold almost anything and it’s a reusable mold! You can use it with resin, plaster, wax, concrete, low melt metal, etc. Also, it’s FDA compliant food grade! What does that mean? That means ice, chocolate, etc.! Yay! **However let me note, if you are using the mold for resin, concrete, etc., I wouldn’t use it for food. Make a second one.
The product is easy to use, but there was a little bit of a learning curve, as you will see in the video:
*This blog uses affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
You will need:
- EasyMold Silicone Rubber
- Two plastic bowl
- Something to mix them in
- Something to stir with
- Something wax paper or parchment paper to protect your work surface
1. Prepare your mold material, according to the package materials. It’s easy to prepare, I show you in the video above.
2. Pour and brush the material over the outside of one bowl and the inside of the other. The first layer should be thin, in order to let any air bubbles escape.
3. Allow an hour between coats. I did about 4 coats on each.
4. Allow to dry for 24 hours before casting.
5. After 24 hours, peel the silicone off the bowls and you can start all your amazing projects!!
Ooh! I was just thinking of all the things I can make with Jello!! You’ll definitely see me using this product again!!
These are the bowls I have made with the mold so far:
Thanks for stopping by! Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!