I’ve had three dried gourds sitting in my garage for years. I had always planned on making birds out of them and FINALLY I did!
You will need (affiliate links):-
- Dried and clean gourd: https://amzn.to/2GpueLn
- Wood base: I pulled it off of our firewood pile
- 2 – 3/8″ dowel rods: https://amzn.to/2QEocLH
- Brown feather boa: https://amzn.to/2QDOOMQ
- Yellow spray paint: https://amzn.to/2R5xXSl
- Brown spray paint: https://amzn.to/2LvudVf
- Fall floral grasses and pom poms: Your best bet is to go to the craft store and see what you can find.
- Glue: https://amzn.to/2UWYArF
- Copper glitter: https://amzn.to/2R612gv
- 2 small googly eyes: https://amzn.to/2R5M1ey
- Brown polymer clay: https://amzn.to/2rJil8T
- Hot glue: https://amzn.to/2R4W83p
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Paint gourd yellow and allow to dry.
11. Cut the feather boa into smaller pieces that can be wrapped around the ankles and thighs of the bird.