Here’s a fun and easy craft. It’s especially great for Spring and Summer. It makes a great accessory or could be a gift.
Here is the Video Tutorial
Supplies You Will Need
- Empty container to recycle (i.e. yogurt container)
- 2 Tablespoons of grass seed
- Potting soil or dirt from yard
- Nylon stocking (another great item to recycle)
- 2 googly eyes
- Permanent marker
- Paper (i.e. scrapbook, wrapping, construction)
- Hot glue
1. Spoon 2 tablespoons of grass seed into the toe of the nylon stocking.
2. Add enough dirt/potting soil to make the head the size you want.
3. Tie stocking so it is tight up against the dirt.
4. Trim off the excess nylon stocking. You want to leave about a three to four-inch tail, so the water can wick up it.
5. Glue on googly eyes.
6. Draw mouth with permanent marker.
7. Decorate yogurt container.
8. Add water and put in sunny window.
10. Check the water every day to make sure it doesn’t dry out!
11. On about day 5, you will see things starting to sprout!!!
Have fun with it!
Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!