I used to make these years ago and I can’t remember why. I came across some of them and thought they were cute and thought you might enjoy making them! So I am going to show you how to make bead people.
I made them as pins, but they can be tied to a package, or used as an ornament. These are just a few of them. You can see more in the video.
- An assortment of beads: https://amzn.to/2EyCG7I & https://amzn.to/2Exuzs0
- Thin wire (24- 28 gage): https://amzn.to/2HAoBZc
- Pliers: https://amzn.to/2YMefex
- Jewelry findings: https://amzn.to/2K79WXk
- Browse the jewelry section at the craft store and see if you happen to see anything interesting that could be used as a hat, or a skirt, etc.
- Pin backs: https://amzn.to/2MbUWtJ
Here is the video tutorial:
Directions on How To Make Bead People
- Take a length of wire – approximately the length you want your person to be.
- String on a jewelry finding for a crown, or go right for the head bead.
- Then add other beads for the body and the legs. You can add different colors and sized beads for elbows and knees. Also, add a bigger bead for the feet.
- Twist the wire at the end, to secure the beads.
- Take a length of wire and wrap it around the neck. Twist it a couple of times, so it’s secure. Those will be the arms.
- Add beads again for the arms and hands. Secure the end of the wire in place.
That’s it! Now you know how to make bead people!
If you want to add hair, I just took my wire and wrapped it around a skewer to make the curly hair, and then I attached it to the head.
If you like bead crafts, I have a few you might enjoy!
I have a Bead Coaster where they are embedded in resin, which is a cool look!
I also have an easy Bead Coaster, which involves stringing beads! Very zen!
If you like making people, consider making a Pistachio People Coaster!
Thanks for stopping by!
Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!