I thought I would try a different technique on the resin coasters. So, I painted on them.
You will need:
The links below help support this channel, as I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
– Mold: http://amzn.to/2FcRd7J
I have the one I use linked under the Products I Use tab
– Stencil: https://amzn.to/2YHPIY8
– Acrylic paint: https://amzn.to/2YJPIqG
– Glitter: https://amzn.to/2VUbXgu
– Pigment powder: https://amzn.to/2YLIS3T
Resin (use whatever resin brand you like):
Easy Cast: http://amzn.to/2yjYmBC
Art Resin: http://amzn.to/2yk9X3z
Clear Cast: http://amzn.to/2z4rxGw
FX Poxy: http://amzn.to/2AF3Pkk ~ According to the manufacturer, this one is heat resistant to 500 degrees F, which makes it a great resin for coasters.
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Prepare your resin according to the package directions.
2. Pour a small amount in the bottom of two molds.
3. Swirl pigment powder around in one and put glitter in the other.
4. Allow both to cure for 12 hours.
5. Pop the coasters out of the molds and stencil the sun and moon onto each of the coasters.
6. Allow to dry and return to molds.
7. Prepare more resin and put a thin coat of resin over each coaster.
8. Allow to cure for 12 hours.
That’s it! Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!