Here are some similar items from Amazon, incase you want to give it a try:
Here is the video tutorial. You can see it lit up and I share tips on things I would do differently and things that went wrong.
1. Take your glass paints and paint the inside of the silicone mold. The mold is silicone, so the paint won’t want to stick and won’t be solid initially. It will take a few coats before it has even coverage. Warning: the paint looks lighter in the container, but dries very dark! I bought a color that looked pink, but dried red. Keep that in mind when selecting your colors!
2. Once all your paint layers are dry, mix your resin. I did 6 oz on my first pour. You need enough to have a thin layer on the bottom of the bottom portion of the mold. You need enough to fill a portion of the top of the mold – enough to raise up the bowl. See video for a better explanation and demonstration.
3. Once that layer has hardened, put a layer of Vaseline on the outside of the plastic bowl. Do the same with the pail/bucket. When choosing the bucket and bowl, make sure they are thin plastic and make sure are the right size to fit into the mold. See video to see how they should fit in the molds.
4. Place the bowl and bucket into the mold halves and weigh it down with rocks.
5. Prepare more resin and pour into the molds (between the silicone and the bucket and bowl).
6. Allow to harden. Continue to add resin to the molds until they are full.
7. Once hardened, you can remove the inserts and the pieces from the molds.
8. Wash out the Vaseline.
9. Using glue, glue the bugle beads onto the top of the cupcake, to look like sprinkles.
10. Paint the bead red, for the cherry.
11. Once dry, glue the wire into the bead to make it look like a cherry stem. Then glue onto the top of the cupcake.
12. Drill a hole into the plaque – large enough to fit the light kit through.
13. Drill a hole into the bottom of the cupcake – large enough to fit the light kit through.
14. Paint the plaque any color(s) you want.
15. Paint the dowel caps.
16. Varnish all of the pieces, I used Triple Thick.
17. When everything is dry, glue the dowel caps onto the bottom of the plaque.
18. Feed light kit through the bottom of the plaque and through the bottom of the cupcake.
19. Clip into place.
20. Add lightbulb.
You are done! Enjoy your unique and one of a kind cupcake!!
Thanks for stopping by! Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!