I feel the Christmas spirit! What helps get you more in spirit? Christmas cookies! These cookies are actually drink coasters to help decorate your home and protect your furniture! All the fun, none of the calories!
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Mix and roll the clay out, the same as above.
2. Using a snowman cookie cutter, cut out the shapes.
3. Put them aside to dry.
4. Once dry, if they need to be painted, do so as you did on the other cookies.
5. Use the milk chocolate paint to brown the cookies and make them look baked.
6. To make the frosting, I mixed paper clay with water, white acrylic paint, Super Gloss Mod Podge. It will take some time to get the right consistency. You want the lumps out. Transfer them into the squeeze bottles.
7. Mix black paint into one, red into another and orange into another.
9. First use the white to frost cookie, with the exception of the hat.
10. Use the black for the hat. I used a skewer stick to make the eyes, mouth and buttons, with the black icing.
11. I used the bottle of red to make the scarf. FYI: The red bled on mine because I added some food color to the mixture. It won’t bleed if you use
12. I used the skewer stick to make the carrot nose. Let it all dry.
13. Once dry, you can seal it with a satin, or super gloss Mod Podge.
Once it is all dry, you are finished!
They are perfect to dress up the house for the holidays, or give as gifts!
That’s it! Happy Holidays everyone!
Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!