Today we are making baby coasters for decorations or baby shower favors, or how about for a Mother’s Day gift!!
You will need:
– Polymer clay – in whichever colors work for you.
– Rolling pin or pasta machine
– Multi-surface paints
– Black Sharpie marker
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Draw a template on a piece of paper that will be the size of your coasters. You can get the size from an existing coaster, or a jar lid.
2. Roll out the flesh color and cut out a circle. I used pasta machine and used the #7 setting.
3. I placed the template on the clay and cut it out with my craft knife.
4. I rolled out a thin sheet of pink clay on the #3 setting on my pasta machine. I laid it over a portion of the flesh colored clay. I patted it down. I used a crochet hook to make sure the edges are adhere and then I cut off all the excess. Be sure to watch the video for great tips and to see how I did it.
5. I then used my craft knife to create the look of a brim and smoothed it with the crochet hook.
6. I then baked it according to the clay directions.
7. I repeated with the blue. I also did two darker skin tones.
8. I used a combination of Sharpie markers and multi-surface paint to finish off the faces.
Once baked, they can withstand a hot beverage or a cool one!
Thanks for stopping by! Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer….so grab your glue gun and your glitter!