Learn how to make a Skeleton Halloween Decoration using dollar store items! It’s an easy and inexpensive Halloween craft tutorial!
You will need:
Black paint: https://amzn.to/34AVEpB
Red paint: https://amzn.to/2I1sOVF
Hot glue: https://amzn.to/2LraFTu
Mod Podge: https://amzn.to/31fYMFa
Skewer stick: https://amzn.to/34Cz6Vu
Craft knife: https://amzn.to/34yNMoy
Heat gun (optional): https://amzn.to/307js11
Here is a video tutorial, so you can see exactly how I made it:
1. I found this terrarium at the dollar store. It’s plastic and it was buck!
2. I used black acrylic paint and poured it into the inside of the terrarium.
3. I let it seep around until it covered the entire inside.
4. I put it on a cup and let it seep out and dry.
5. Once dry, I used a skewer stick and my craft knife to scrap the paint on the inside.
You can see the scratches here:
6. I poured red into the inside and swirled it around.
7. I put it back on the cup and let the red drain out and let it dry.
8. I used my Mod Podge and painted on some irregular stripes/drips on the inside.
9. I then sprinkled the super fine glitter into it and let it all dry.
10. I took my skeleton and clipped the loop off the top of his head.
11. I used sandpaper to finish smoothing it out.
12. I want to position the skeleton, so it looks like he is climbing out.
I wanted a more realistic bend in the knees, shoulder and elbows, so I used my heat gun.
13. I put hot glue into the terrarium and added the moss.
14. Then, I glued the skeleton onto the terrarium.
15. I have this balloon or floral light and wanted to add it to the project. I tied a piece of fishing line onto the light. Then tied it to the top of the terrarium. You want to make sure it is long enough to be put into the side hole.
16. I glued spiders onto the outside.
17. I added a ribbon, so it can be hung.
That’s it! I hope you like it and give it a try! Thanks for stopping by! Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!
Be sure to Share and PIN IT!