Halloween is fast approaching and I thought now would be a good time to add some creepy spiders to my coasters!
I used three different types of spiders for different looks.
You will need:
The links below help support this channel, as I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
– Fake spiders: https://amzn.to/2YVHR9B
– Orange glitter: https://amzn.to/2Me1ecl
– Purple glitter: https://amzn.to/2Mdg2Im
– Coaster mold: https://amzn.to/2WmUT2c
– Silver dimensional fabric paint: https://amzn.to/2VT2pgV
– White dimensional fabric paint: https://amzn.to/2Qrrxud
– Resin (use whatever resin brand you like):
Easy Cast: http://amzn.to/2yjYmBC
Art Resin: http://amzn.to/2yk9X3z
Clear Cast: http://amzn.to/2z4rxGw
This is the resin I used for this project:
FX Poxy: http://amzn.to/2AF3Pkk ~ According to the manufacturer, this one is heat resistant to 500 degrees F.
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Prepare your resin according to the package directions.
2. If you are making a glitter coaster, in a separate cup, add some resin and pour in the glitter. Mix it well and pour it into the mold. At this time, you are just making the base/background, so you only need a thin layer at the bottom.
3. Allow to cure for 12 hours.
4. Once cured, take your fabric paint and draw spider webs on the coasters. Allow to fully dry.
5. Glue spiders into place and allow to dry. You want to glue them to make sure they don’t float.
6. Add final layer of resin and allow to cure for at least 12 hours.
That’s it! Pop them out and you have some creepy coasters for Halloween! Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!