Do you remember about a year and a half I made the nail polish stones to use on rings and pendants. Some people have had the problem of the nail polish chipping off. I have not had that problem, but with one or two of the stones. All the others are fine. I’m not sure why it happens, but I have a two tips that might help.
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Take rubbing alcohol and clean the flat part of the stones. Allow to dry. Find sets that roughly fit together. No two stones are exactly alike, so we aren’t looking for a prefect match.
2. Using Weldbond glue, brush a thin coat on the flat side of the stones and allow to completely dry. It will dry clear and will not take away from the final look.
3. Use a combination of nail polishes and glitter and paint them on the flat part of the stone. Let it dry between layers. Experiment! Experiment! Experiment! If you don’t like it, you can always remove it with nail polish remover and start over!!
4. When you have it the way you want it and it has dried, take a piece of ribbon and cut it long enough to fold in half to create a loop.
5. Put a little Weldbond on the flat parts of the stone and add a little hot glue. Using a combination of the glues allow the stones to adhere together while the Weldbond fully dries. Put the two flat parts together, with the ribbon ends sandwiched between the two stones. Press together and let it dry.
That’s it!! Hang it on your tree. Use it as party gifts. It’s a perfect craft to get the kids involved in. A perfect slumber party craft! An excuse for a girls craft get together!
Remember to subscribe to my YouTube Channel to stay on top of my latest crafts. That is the most up to date. www.youtube.com/craftklatch