For easy reference, click on the Tutorials tab above.
Also, I created an Amazon store link, with items that I use in my crafts, just click on the Products I Use above!
For all you animal lovers out there, here is a craft for you! I have been asked on multiple occasions to make a cat toy. I don’t know if this would work for dogs too. If you have a dog, let me know!
It got an official two paws up from our resident testers (you can see them at the end of the video).
You will need:
– Dowel rod – you can use a long one cut down, or they sell packages of pre cut ones. – Scrap fabric – fleece works especially well. – Hot glue – White glue – I recommend a Weldbond, Tacky Glue, or Ultimate Glue. – Duck Tape – Scrap ribbon
Here are some items that might be of help:
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Take your dowel rod and decorate if you want. I decided to keep mine natural.
2. Cut scrap fabric into strips. The lengths and widths can be different.
3. With your hot glue, glue on 4-6 strips – attaching only on the end.
4. With your other glue (Weldbond, Ultimate, Tacky or whichever you choose), put a generous bead around the attached areas of those strips.
5. Add more hot glue above those strips and attach remaining strips. You are using both glues because the hot glue holds the fabric in place, while the other glue dries. Add more of the liquid glue.
6. Take a strip of duct tape and put it around the dowel and the top of the fabric. Make sure to pull it tight and make it nice and secure.
7. Repeat step 6 if necessary.
8. Optional: Hot glue ribbon around the edges of the tape, to give it a more finished look. You can actually cover the whole piece of tape with the ribbon.
9. Allow to fully dry before playing with your pet!
Make sure to always be kind to animals! May you have hours of fun with your pet and your new toy!