Father’s Day is coming…..I collaborated with Michele Baratta, from BellaBranchTV and we each came up with a Father’s Day craft.
My idea was to surprise Dad with a handmade Chillin’ Grillin’ Trivet that you made just for him! Personalize it with his favorite beer or pop bottle caps. Add a little cement or concrete and you have yourself a Father’s Day gift in the makin’!
Michele made a Photo Puzzle for Dad! It turned out GREAT! Be sure to go check it out, to see how she made it!
For the Chillin’ Grillin’ Trivet, you will need (affiliate links):
1. Mix your concrete according to the package directions. Remember every product may have different ratios of water to mix.
2. Pour into mold.
3. Place bottle caps onto the cement or concrete, but do not press them in, incase you need to rearrange or scootch them a little this way or that.
4. Once you have them placed, press them in, so they make a level surface. You don’t want them uneven, or things will lean or fall over. Wipe any excess concrete or cement you may have gotten on the bottle caps.
5. Let it dry. The time to dry will also depend on the product you are using, so follow the directions.
6. Once dry, remove it from mold.
7. If you want to tint it, I used a multi-purpose paint. I watered it down and gave it a wash, wiping it off with a damp paper towel.
That’s it! Once dry, you can pack it up and gift it!
Here is Michele’s video tutorial for the photo cube: