Time for a Dollar Store Craft! Makeover candlesticks and pots to create a chic look for your garden, or in your home!
Here is a quick video tutorial, so you can see exactly how I made them:
You will need (affiliate links):
Flower pots: http://shrsl.com/ymx0
Fun bugs to add to your pot: https://amzn.to/2KG74NV
Spray paint: https://amzn.to/2DZ5irj
1. I found these inexpensive, plastic pots and candlesticks at the dollar store. I thought I could combine them and give them a fun look!
I actually dropped the one candlestick and it broke, so I thought it was a great opportunity to make it a little taller and give the pots some height variation.
2. I sanded the broken candlestick flat because it broke off jagged.
4. I had these foam dragonflies on hand, from may years ago. If you cannot find them, just go buy some plastic bugs and it’ll look great!
Since these foam dragonflies were flat, I had to use a heat gun to give them a curve, so they would fit on the pot better.
6. Once dry, I glued it on.
7. I also glued on the dragonflies.
8. I drilled a couple of holes in the sides, toward the bottom, for drainage.
9. I glued to pot to the candlestick.
10. Once dry, I spray painted them a fresh blue. TIP: If you are using foam pieces, seal them before spray painting, with an acrylic paint. If you are using plastic pieces, go ahead and spray paint them.
Then you end up with these great looking pots!
Fill them with flowers or herbs and brighten up your garden!
That’s it! Thanks for stopping by! Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!