Create Halloween Decor with these easy and fun Candy Corn Coasters DIY! It’s really easy, inexpensive and the kids can paint them!
Here is the quick video tutorial, so you can see exactly how I made them:
- Wood: I used 1/4 inch MDF, but 1/4 inch plywood would work
- Saw: http://amzn.to/2ybeiHP
- Acrylic paint: Orange and Yellow
- Spray paint: White
- You can also use a durable paint, or add a clear finish to protect your coasters.
1. Draw a template of the candy corn and cut it out of paper.
2. Trace them onto wood. I used 1/4″ MDF, but you can use 1/4″ plywood instead.
3. Cut it out on a saw, or have someone do that step for you.
4. Spray paint them white – on both sides – it will probably take two coats.
5. Use acrylic, or multi-surface paint to paint the yellow and the orange…
…those will also take two coats.
6. Once dry, you have these awesome candy corn drink coasters that will protect your furniture and add to the festive Halloween feel!
That’s it! Start crafting and decorating!
Thanks for stopping by! Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!