Make some Easy Halloween Art using some inexpensive items from the Dollar Tree and the craft store! Easy and inexpensive!
Here is the quick video tutorial, so you can see exactly how I made it!
2. Spray paint the wood cutouts black.
3. I want to add resin highlights to the bat and the potion bottle, so I lined the backs of those with packing tape.
4. I used a bone folder to make sure it was well secured.
5. Mix resin, according to the package directions. I colored them with pigments and dripped it into the areas I wanted to highlight.
6. Once cured (at least 12 hours), I removed the packing tape.
7. I took apart the frames and laid them out how I thought I would like them. You are only keeping the frame and the glass.
8. Remove the glass.
9. I cut out two circles, from vinyl. I used my Cricut, but you can also cut out a circle from shelf liner. Then, I adhered them to two of the frames.
10. Then I used acrylic paint and picked different colors that I blended onto the glass. Two had a purple and bluish tint…
…while the other two were a greenish.
11. Once dry, I removed the vinyl circles.
12. I then painted the circles yellow.
13. And continued it on the rest of the glass.
You only want to do one coat, so it won’t be solid.
14. Then put the glass back into the frame.
15. Then glue the wood pieces onto glass.
17. You can also put a tea light behind them to light them up a bit!