Learn how to make Hot Air Balloon Coasters! It requires minimal woodworking skills, but lots of imagination!
Wire hanger: https://amzn.to/2lBG5Mq (check your closet)
Acrylic paint: https://amzn.to/2lDq88v
Polyacrylic sealer: https://amzn.to/2lr5HLJ
Wire cutters: https://amzn.to/2k67zcA
The saw I use: https://amzn.to/2LrZc74
2. I traced the shapes out onto the plywood.
3. I cut it out with my saw.
4. Here are the cut outs.
5. I sanded the edges.
6. I selected bright colors of acrylic paint.
7. I painted the balloons. You can do any design you like, but it would be fun to have kids paint them.
8. I painted the basket with a tan color.
Then did some brown accents.
9. I painted the bottom of the balloon brown.
10. I cut a wire hanger to attach the basket to the balloon.
11. I drilled holes into the basket and the bottom of the balloon.
12. I cut the white covering off of the hanger pieces.
13. I inserted the wires into the basket and bottom of the balloons. If the wire fits tight, you don’t need to add any glue. However, if the wire is looser, a dab of glue on the ends of the wire will keep it all in place.
14. To give it a more finished look, I used a black paint pen and outlined the colors and the edges.
15. I painted the back black, but you could repeat the same pattern on the back, or do a whole different design.
16. I used a poly acrylic sealer, in satin, to finish it all off.
That’s it! It’s perfect to hold your cups and add a splash of color to your decor!
Thanks for stopping by! Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!