You can make these tin foil fish and use them for a variety of things. Use them to decorate frames, make a bookmark, etc.
Here is the Video Tutorial
Supplies You Will Need
- tin foil (dollar store usually has great deals on foil)
- permanent markers
- hammer (optional)
- googly eye
Optional items – depending on how you want to make them, are:
- white glue
- embossing ink
- thick embossing powder
- heat gun
- Shape tin foil into a fish. If the shape isn’t quite what you were going for, feel free to trim with scissors.
- Color fish with permanent markers and let dry.
- Either use white glue and sprinkle with glitter and let dry.
- Put embossing ink on fish and cover with embossing powder. Shake off excess powder and return to jar. Heat with a heat gun and allow embossing powder to melt. Use a skewer or something so that it doesn’t blow away. It’s too hot to hold with your fingers.
- Let it cool and figure out what to do with them. I’d love for you to share your ideas!!
- One of the ideas I had was to attach it to a painted craft/popsicle stick and use it as a bookmark. Great gift for a fisherman dad!!
That’s it! Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!