Can you see a bunch of these eyeballs peeking around your house? This is a fun Halloween craft that you can involve the kids in.
You will need:
- Smooth styrofoam ball
- Paper clip
- White acrylic paint
- Permanent markers – I used green
- Black acrylic paint
- Red pipe cleaner
- Triple Thick or another varnish/sealer
- Thin black permanent marker
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Paint styrofoam ball white
2. Find a cap or something to trace for the iris (larger green part)
3. Use thin permanent marker and make the circle for the iris
4. Use permanent markers (any color will work, I happened to choose green) and color in iris
5. Take the end of a marker or paint brush and dip in black acrylic paint and make the pupil
6. Use other marker colors to make the flecks around the pupil
7. You can add a white highlight to the pupil by dipping the end of a paintbrush in white acrylic paint
8. When everything is dry, paint the entire eyeball with Triple Thick or the varnish of your choice. Tip: I did half at a time.
9. Insert the cut paper clip to create a hook. These styrofoam balls are so dense, you shouldn’t need any glue.
10. Paint other half with Triple Thick
11. Hang to dry
12. In the back of the styrofoam ball is a hole – insert the red pipe cleaner – this is to make it look like the eyeball was ripped out of the eye socket – it’s Halloween, it had to be a little yucky!
13. Hang up and enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and feedback. Happy Halloween and Happy Crafting!