If you are ready for a little beach in your home decor, make this cute coaster with resin and a sand dollar!
You will need:
– Resin – I use Easy Cast
– Parchment paper
– Sand Dollar
– Coaster mold
– Mod Podge
Here is the video on how to make the coaster mold:
Here is the video tutorial on how I made the sand dollar coaster:
Here is the video, if you are wondering where the blue background came from:
1. Prepare your mold on parchment paper.
2. Mix resin with light blue acrylic paint and pour into the mold – let it cure for 12 hours
3. Seal your sand dollar with Mod Podge, or the sand dollar will become blotchy from the resin – allow to dry completely
4. Tack down the sand dollar with glue and allow to dry
5. Prepare your resin and pour over the sand dollar – allow to cure for 12 hours
6. Remove from mold and you have a beachy coaster!!
Here is the resin I used in this project. Since doing this project, I have started using the mold below. It works great! Both are available through Amazon.
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!!
*This blog uses affiliate links.