It’s that time of year again! It Christmas crafting season! Today I’m going to show you how to make an easy resin project. You make charms or necklaces out of them.
You will need (affiliate links):
-Silicone molds: http://www.bargainrollback.com/store/c2/Silicone.html
-Multi-surface paint: http://amzn.to/1NZOBbZ
-Jewelry bails: http://amzn.to/1kGROTJ
-Glitter – can be chunky or fine
1. If you want to pre-paint the molds, you can do so with acrylic paint. However, the molds are pretty small and that can be challenging. I did it both ways, but the easier way would be to use the multi-surface paint, after the pieces had cured.
2. Mix your resin, according to the package directions.
3. Separate into smaller cups and mix in your glitter.
4. Pour into the corresponding cavities.
5. Use a lighter to pop the bubbles and let it cure a minimum of 12 hours.
6. Unmold and paint the any way you wish.
7. Once dry, add a jewelry bail, by gluing to resin piece.
That’s it! Add a cord and you have a necklace! Whoo hoo!
Thanks for stopping by! Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!
*BargainRollback.com sent me the molds for review. The ideas and opinions are all my own.