Create quick and easy Pilgrim coasters that are perfect for Thanksgiving. I’ll show you how to in this DIY craft tutorial! These are inexpensive, easy and perfect for a kids craft, or if you are looking to do a Girls Night before the holidays, this will get everyone in the spirit!
*This blog uses affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
You will need:
– Cork: http://amzn.to/2fsCzvg
– Acrylic paint in black, white, gray, flesh, gold, and brown
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Using the roll of cork and the pilgrim templates below (or pilgrims you drew yourself), measure how much cork you need and cut out two equal rectangles.
2. Pull back the backing, line them up, and stick the two sticky sides together.
3. Trace the templates onto the cork. Tip: Using a pencil is better than pen.
4. Cut out the pilgrims.
5. Paint them. Let the kids get creative!!
6. Let them dry.
***While the paint is drying, it may cause them to curl a little. Take the curled coasters and on the edge of a countertop, or table, run the backside (non-painted side) along the counter (I show how in the video above) and they should straighten right up!
Here are the templates, size them accordingly:
That’s it! Happy Thanksgiving!
Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!