A frozen margarita might just hit the spot, but if you want a refreshing dessert, try this frozen margarita pie!
- A bag of pretzels (1 1/2 cups crushed)
- 1 1/2 cups of non-dairy whipped topping (thawed)
- 2 Tablespoons of honey
- 3 Tablespoons of butter
- 3 Cups of low-fat strawberry yogurt (frozen)
- Grated lime peel (optional)
- One package of frozen strawberries in syrup or sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon of tequila (optional)
Here is the Video Tutorial, so you can see how it all came together!
For the Crust
1. Crush the pretzels. You can either do it in a plastic bag and take out your anger and frustration, or if you have food processor, pop the pretzels in there and it is so easy!! You can pulverize them for a very consistent crust, or leave some chunks for some texture.
2. Melt your butter and honey in the microwave and stir it together. Stir in your crushed pretzels, until they are completely coated.
3. Press into a 9-inch pie plate and put it in the freezer for about a half an hour.
For the Filling
4. In a bowl, mix frozen yogurt, your whipped topping and 1/2 teaspoon of lime peel.
Note: The lime peel can be a little bit of a strong taste in the pie and you can omit it.
5. Scoop it into the crust and shape it a little.
6. Put it into the freezer for at least 2 hours. You can add some fresh fruit before freezing, for a little decoration.
For the Sauce
7. If you forgot to take the strawberries out of the freezer, like I always do, you can melt them in a pan. You do not want to cook them, just melt them.
8. Add 1/2 teaspoon of lime peel, tablespoon of lime juice and 1 tablespoon of tequila (optional).
9. Mix it all up and put into the refrigerator, until you are ready to serve.
That’s it! Now you have a refreshing dessert!
Thanks for stopping by! Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!