Learn how to make eyeball resin coasters! Great Halloween project for your holiday decor!
Here is a quick video tutorial, so you can see exactly how I made them:
The links below help support this channel, as I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
You will need:
Transparency film (laser): http://amzn.to/2EjhvUz
Resin (use whatever resin brand you like):
Easy Cast: http://amzn.to/2yjYmBC
Art Resin: http://amzn.to/2yk9X3z
Clear Cast: http://amzn.to/2z4rxGw
This is the resin I used for this project:
FX Poxy: http://amzn.to/2AF3Pkk ~ According to the manufacturer, this one is heat resistant to 500 degrees F.
Fast Cast (optional for white background): https://amzn.to/2wTZ6wc
White pigment (optional to tint clear resin for background): https://amzn.to/2QbPRiU
Brown Eyeball image: http://www.clker.com/clipart-eyeball-brown-bloodshot.html
Green eyeball: https://publicdomainvectors.org/en/free-clipart/Green-eye/56126.html
1. You want to start with a white background. You need one ounce for each coaster. You can either use regular resin and add a white pigment or you can a quick curing resin that cures white. Mix your resin and pour it into the mold cavities.
2. I printed eyeballs out onto transparency film.
3. I cut them out with my circle cutter. TIP: Cut on the side that is not printed on.
4. Once the resin has cured, you want to mix one more ounce of resin per coaster and pour it over the white.
5. Use a lighter to pop the bubbles.
6. Slide the transparency film eyeballs into the resin.
7. Press them down with your stir stick. Make sure you press out all of the bubbles.
8. Pop the bubbles with your lighter. Allow to cure a minimum of 12 hours.
9. Once cured, remove from mold.
That’s it! Now you can keep an eye on your drink!
Thanks for stopping by! Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!