Let’s make a resin coaster! Today we are making an angel coaster for Christmas!
Here is a quick video tutorial, so you can see exactly how I made it:
The links below help support this channel, as I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Coaster mold: http://amzn.to/2FcRd7J
Fleshtone paint: https://amzn.to/2GxZFmA
Black paint: https://amzn.to/2QMGwBB
Wire cutters: https://amzn.to/2EnPGxQ
Yellow felt: https://amzn.to/2PDHfjL
Resin (use whatever resin brand you like):
Easy Cast: http://amzn.to/2yjYmBC
Art Resin: http://amzn.to/2yk9X3z
Clear Cast: http://amzn.to/2z4rxGw
FX Poxy: http://amzn.to/2AF3Pkk ~ According to the manufacturer, this one is heat resistant to 500 degrees F and is UV resistant.
2. I poured the resin into the mold.
3. I used my lighter to pop the bubbles and let it cure for a minimum of 12 hours.
4. Once cured, I painted the features, with acrylic paint.
5. I mixed one more ounce of resin and poured it over the coaster.
6. I used the lighter to pop the bubbles and let it cure a minimum of 12 hours.
7. Once cured, I removed it from the mold. I traced around it, so I could draw a template for the hair.
8. I traced the hair on yellow felt and cut it out.
9. I glued them together, but left a hole at the top.
10. I slipped the coaster into the hair.
11. Take wire and bend it into a halo, with a stem.
12. I drilled a hole into the top of the coaster, for the halo to go into. You want it to fit snug.
13. Put in the halo.
14. You can seal up the hole now.
Now you have an angel coaster!
Thanks for stopping by! Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!