I took a plant terrarium and gave it a makeover! I used Dollar Tree stuff to create a snowman winter scene! You won’t believe the transformation! It’s a great way to decorate on a budget all the while being creative!
Snowman: Check Dollar Tree, craft stores – anything about three inches in size, should work! It doesn’t have to be a snowman!
Floral picks: Check Dollar Tree or craft store
Mod Podge: https://amzn.to/2PaKRwI
Hot glue: https://amzn.to/2qH0LW3
Silver glitter: https://amzn.to/2PcK26w
White acrylic paint: https://amzn.to/2LKZVie
Be sure to join my Creating with Craft Klatch Facebook Group!
Here is the video tutorial, so you can see exactly how I made it:
1. I went shopping and found the terrarium, snowmen and glittery floral picks, all at the Dollar Tree.
2. I added some glue into a cup and poured in some glitter and confetti and mixed it up good.
3. I used a brush to dab the mixture onto the inside of the terrarium.
Don’t forget the rim! Then just let it dry overnight.
4. Once dry, I poured white acrylic paint into the terrarium and swirled it around.
This is a good time to wipe the excess paint off the outside, that may have dripped out.
Then set it aside to dry…again, this will probably be overnight.
Tip: Pour the excess glitter back into the container.
Look at that beautiful frostiness!
6. Now it’s time for the snowman. I don’t like the tab at the top and decided to remove it. I didn’t want it to look like an ornament.
7. I cut the excess plastic down, using my wire cutters.
8. I added hot glue and a small gold jingle bell.
9. I used Mod Podge and brushed it around the bottom of the jingle bell, to hide the jagged edge from where I cut the ornament.
10. I poured fine silver glitter over it and now it looks like it should have been that way!
11. I trimmed down the floral picks to make them the size I needed.
12. I glued in the snowman and the picks. Don’t worry if glue is showing.
13. I used white paint and covered up any glue left showing. Then, I let it dry and went over it with Mod Podge and sprinkled it with the glitter.
How cute is that?!?!
14. I used glue and put it around the top loop and sprinkled it with silver glitter.
15. I added a gold ribbon to hang it!
Think about all the places you can hang it from! The mantel, a light fixture, etc. I has a flat bottom, so it can be set down on a side table.
Thanks for stopping by! Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!