To stay up on the latest, be sure to
Learn how to make a glitter present and snowman snowy scene resin coasters! It’s an easy craft tutorial!
Links below are affiliate links. They help support this blog and my YouTube channel at no additional cost to you!
You will need:
– Glitter (chunky purple, fine light blue, fine dark blue, fine silver)
– White, brown, orange and black acrylic paint
– Gold ribbon
– Dremel tool (optional)
Resin (use whatever resin brand you like):
Easy Cast: http://amzn.to/2yjYmBC
Art Resin: http://amzn.to/2yk9X3z
Clear Cast: http://amzn.to/2z4rxGw
FX Poxy: http://amzn.to/2AF3Pkk ~ According to the manufacturer, this one is heat resistant to 500 degrees F, making it a great option.
Here is the video tutorial:
Here are the molds I used for these coasters:
Directions ~ Present Coaster:
2. Mix in a bunch of chunky purple glitter.
3. Pour into mold. Use a lighter to pop bubbles. Let it cure.
4. Once cured, remove from mold. Trim a piece of gold ribbon and glue it onto the present. I used a thin ribbon and glued them next to each other to make a thicker ribbon. Trim off excess ribbon.
6. Lay the coaster on a level surface and mix one ounce of resin. Carefully pour it onto the coaster, making sure it doesn’t overflow the top and run down the sides.
7. Pop bubbles and allow to cure.
8. Once cured, drill a thin hole in the top of the coaster, behind the ribbon.
9. Tie a bow with your ribbon and take 20 gauge gold wire and loop it around the knot of the ribbon.
10. Twist the wire together, snip it and with glue, insert it into the hole you drilled.
That’s it for the present, let’s get to the Snowman in the snow coaster.
1. Mix one ounce of resin, according to the package directions. Mix in fine glitter – I used a light blue, a silver and a dark blue.
2. Pour into mold and pop bubbles as needed. Allow to cure.
3. With a thin paint brush and white acrylic paint, paint the snow and snowman. I show you in the video above – it’s REALLY EASY!
4. Paint the twig arms, the nose, coal features and the snowflake.
5. Allow the paint to dry and then mix one more ounce of resin. Pour over the image and allow to cure.
That’s it! Now you have two very festive coasters for the holidays! Whoohoo!
Thanks for stopping by! Happy Holidays! Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!