Here is an easy craft for a fun ornament! Make it for Christmas, birthday party, bridal showers, etc. It’s a fun favor, or just a fun decoration!
You will need:
– Muffin baking pan
– Great Stuff foam insulation
– Blue glitter
– Blue acrylic paint
– Hot pink acrylic paint
– Cupcake cup
– Wood bead
– Red acrylic paint
– Red glitter
– Green ribbon
– Mod Podge
– White glue
1. Line the baking pan with the cupcake cups
2. Squirt in the foam (as neatly as you can) into the cups to about a 1/4 inch from the top
3. Allow to sit overnight to expand
4. Remove cupcakes from the pan and paint the top with acrylic paint. If it gets a little drippy, don’t worry, it is icing afterall! You might need two coats. Allow to dry.
5. Paint cupcake cup – if needed – there are so many great cupcake cups out there. I just went with white so I could paint it any color I wanted.
6. Mod Podge the entire thing and allow to dry.
7. Take white glue and make polka dots on the pink icing and sprinkle with glitter – shake off excess. When dry, you should be able to brush off any stray glitter, but that is assuming you let your Mod Podge COMPLETELY dry (apparently I didn’t!)
8. Make cherry by painting wooded bead red and allow to dry. Cover with Mod Podge and sprinkle on red glitter and allow to dry. Insert ribbon into bead.
9. Hot glue cherry onto top of cupcake.
Happy Crafting! Thank you for stopping by!
1 thought on “Cupcake Ornament Craft Tutorial”
That is adorable!! My daughter would love to make this!