Learn how to make Alien Resin Coasters! It’s an easy resin craft idea perfect for Halloween decor!
You will need:
2. I then added a chin to give it that alien look.
3. I cut it out.
4. I traced it onto my wood.
5. I cut it out with my saw.
6. I sanded the edges.
7. I spray painted the aliens.
8. I drew eyes on a piece of paper and cut it out. Then, traced the eyes onto the vinyl and cut out eyes from vinyl. I used a black glitter vinyl.
9. I peeled the backing off of the vinyl and stuck them onto the aliens.
10. I used painter’s tape and put it on the back of the coasters.
12. I cut off the excess tape.
13. I put the aliens on cups, to raise them off the table. I mixed two ounces of resin and poured it over the coasters.
14. I used my stir stick to make sure the resin reached the edges and went over the edges.
15. I used my lighter to pop the bubbles and let it cure a minimum of 12 hours.
16. I cut and peeled the tape off the back of coasters.
18. I took some cork shelf liner and pulled off the backing – it’s pre-sticky.
19. I ran a bead of glue along the back edge of the coaster, so it would have a longer and stronger bond.
20. I pressed it onto the cork.
21. I cut off the excess cork.
That’s it! Now I have these super cool alien coasters!