Give into the glitter craze by making a rainbow glitter resin coaster! It’s an easy craft tutorial! Resin crafts are easy. If you are looking for a beginner resin craft, epoxy resin drink coasters are the perfect way to get started. You can create colorful home decor accessories. You don’t need a resin coaster kit, you just need some basic supplies and jump in and start creating!
You will need:
Resin (use whatever resin brand you like): Easy Cast: http://amzn.to/2yjYmBC
Art Resin: http://amzn.to/2yk9X3z
Clear Cast: http://amzn.to/2z4rxGw
This is the resin I used for this project: FX Poxy: http://amzn.to/2AF3Pkk ~ According to the manufacturer, this one is heat resistant to 500 degrees F.
Here is a quick tutorial, so you can see exactly how I made it:
1. I had found this mold a while ago and liked the texture.
2. I mixed two ounces of resin and separated it into multiple cups.
3. I had this beautiful neon glitter and thought this would be a great project to use it. I mixed the little packets into the cups of resin.
4. I poured the different colors into the mold.
5. I used my lighter to pop the bubbles and let it cure a minimum of 12 hours.
6. This is how it looks after it cured and then I popped it out of the mold.
Here it is! The textured side looks super cool!
The flat side looks nice too!
That’s it! Hope you like it!
Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!