Learn how to make a resin coaster that looks like a turtle! It’s an easy resin craft tutorial! I’ve been making resin drink coasters for years. It’s an easy home decor diy and you don’t need a resin coaster kit to make them. Silicone coaster molds are inexpensive and easy to use. I have hundreds of projects showing how to make resin coasters. Epoxy coasters are a great way to get started using epoxy resin.
You will need:
Green pigment: https://amzn.to/2Wtxsk0
Black acrylic paint: https://amzn.to/2CJ6ihL
Green craft foam: https://amzn.to/2DL6YUk
Googly eyes: https://amzn.to/2GYO521
Resin (use whatever resin brand you like):
Easy Cast: http://amzn.to/2yjYmBC
Art Resin: http://amzn.to/2yk9X3z
Clear Cast: http://amzn.to/2z4rxGw
This is the resin I used for this project:
FX Poxy: http://amzn.to/2AF3Pkk ~ According to the manufacturer, this one is heat resistant to 500 degrees F.
1. Mix resin – if you are making two, you need about two ounces for the initial pour and add green pigment powder.
2. Pour into coaster mold.
3. Pop bubbles with your lighter and let it cure a minimum of 12 hours before removing from the mold.
4. Once cured, remove from mold. Using black acrylic paint, paint a circle and a turtle pattern.
5. Once the paint has dried, mix two ounces of resin and pour it over the turtle shells. Make sure it reaches the edges, without running over.
6. Pop the bubbles with your lighter and let it cure a minimum of 12 hours.
7. Once cured, trace around the coaster, on a piece of paper. Then, add the head, flippers and tail for the turtle and cut it out.
8. Trace your turtle onto a piece of green craft foam and cut it out.
9. Glue the turtle coaster onto the craft foam and let it dry.
10. Glue the google eyes onto the craft foam. Let it all dry.
That’s it! Now you have super cute turtle coasters!
Jump in and start making resin art and you don’t need an epoxy resin kit to get started!
Thank you for stopping by! Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!