What could be more Valentine than a heart pendant? This is such an easy resin craft and I found the bezel on clearance for $1.79!
The real cool thing about this craft is you can do it in any shape bezel but you can make it as a gift and personalize it to reflect things people love!
Quickie Heart Pendant Video
Here is a quickie video on how to make the heart pendant but you can find the full version at the end of this post, which should answer any questions you may have.
Supplies for the Heart Pendant
*This blog uses affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Jewelry bezel
- Heart bezel
- Small charms of your choosing
- Lots of smaller charms to consider
- Word charms
- Chunky red glitter
- When deciding on which resin to use, there are a lot of qualities that might be appealing, UV resistant, price, heat resistance, etc. Just make sure to select a resin that fits your needs.
- Use whatever brand you like:
- Easy Cast: http://amzn.to/2yjYmBC
- Art Resin: http://amzn.to/2yk9X3z
- Clear Cast: http://amzn.to/2z4rxGw
- These are heat resistant resins:
- FX Poxy: http://amzn.to/2AF3Pkk ~ According to the manufacturer, this one is heat resistant to 500 degrees F.
- Stone Coat: https://amzn.to/2FZoWX8
Heart Pendant Directions
Step 1: The Bezel
Decide on your bezel and the shape. I happened to get an amazing deal on the heart bezel but you can go with any shape or size.
Step 2: Resin and Glitter
Nothing pairs better than resin and some sparkly glitter! Mix a small amount of resin. I used about half an ounce and then added some chunky red glitter.
Step 3: Here Comes the Glitter
Slowly, pour the resin glitter mixture into the bezel. You want to cover the bottom of the heart pendant but you want to make sure you leave enough room for the charms.
Use your lighter to pop any bubbles.
Let the resin sit for an hour or two. You want the resin to be nice and sticky and thick enough so your charms won’t sink to the bottom.
Step 5: Add Charms to the Heart Pendant
Carefully place your charms on the glittery resin.
Step 6: A Little Clarity
Pour a thin layer of clear resin over it. It won’t take much but you want to make sure everything is embedded.
Step 7: Pop!
Take your lighter and pop the bubbles and let it cure.
That’s it! It can be a necklace or a keychain! Or it can be whatever you want it to be!
Have fun with it! I’d LOVE to see what you make! Be sure to share it over on my Craft Klatch Facebook Group! It’s Free! ❤️
Other Heart Project’s!
I have lots and lots of heart projects you will enjoy! Here are just a few!
- Resin and Wood Heart Coasters
- Heart Valentine’s Day Ornament
- Heart Lights Table Decor
- Valentine’s Day String Heart
- Heart Art Sign
Beautiful Heart Jewelry
If you don’t have time to make a personalized heart pendant but would like a pretty heart pendant anyway, here are some nice ones that are available!
Be Sure to PIN IT for Later!
Full Video Tutorial
Here is the full video tutorial!
Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!