Learn how to make mixed media heart art! We are doing heart art, using wood and buttons for a Valentine’s Day Craft! I wanted to keep the little hearts natural because I like the contrast and the overall look.
1. I watered down my acrylic paint and painted it onto the tray. I was going for a wash/stain, not a thick paint job.
2. I used a damp paper towel to wipe it off.
3. I found these cute little hearts and arranged them into the shape of a heart.
4. I used glue, on the back of the hearts, to adhere them to the tray. Be sure to use clear drying glue.
5. Once dry, I decided to border it in pearlized buttons. I liked the two materials together, the additional interest and it gave it a more defined border.
6. I used the same glue to attach the buttons. I added a red button for a little color.
7. I thought it needed just a little more interest. I used washi tape to do a border at the top and the bottom. I ran the washi tape around to the back of the tray, so I didn’t have to try and make a super neat edge.
Snowman Sign that used the same tray: