Try making some fun glitter fish coasters! I guarantee it’s a craft project, you will love it! I made them with coasters in mind, but they can just as easily be room decorations.
You will need:
– 1/4″ plywood: http://amzn.to/2rigr0U
– Acrylic paint: go to your craft store
– Fine glitter: find at your craft store
– Glue: http://amzn.to/2qhfq4P
– Saw: http://amzn.to/2qXd66h
– Rotary tool: http://amzn.to/2rigj1q
I’m always saying how these woodworking projects are PERFECT to get the kids involved. Obviously they are not going to cut the shapes out of wood, but they can decorate to their hearts content! In fact, I had the pleasure of working on a set with a three year old. She saw the ones I made and wanted to make some for her brother to be. I let he choose the colors and the eyes. The only thing I helped her with was the glue for the glitter. She painted, poured the glitter and decided on the placement of everything. I think they turned out SPECTACULAR! She has an eye for it!
1. Cut the fish out of wood and sand the edges. You can shape it any way you like. The fish do not have to be the same.
2. Paint the fish the color of your choice – plan on at least two coats – front and back – and allow to dry.
3. When dry, decide which will be the top side. Using a clear drying glue, paint a coat on the fins and sprinkle with a fine glitter.
4. Make a black dot for an eye and when you it’s dry you can make a small white dot for an eye highlight. I added gills, but that is optional.
If you are making room decor, that’s it! If you want to use them as coasters, you should spray them with a sealer for protection.
Thanks for stopping by and remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!