Are you ready for some fun, pretty and inspirational room decor? Oh, did I mention easy?!?!?!
You will need (affiliate links):
Metal dragonfly: I found mine at Hobby Lobby
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Paint the canvas. I used the green and the top and did it in streaks, with the white paint streaked to break it up. I went about halfway down the canvas.
2. Then, I took both the green and the blue on my brush and did a few streaks to blend them together.
3. Then, I took the blue and white and did streaks down to the bottom. While you are painting, remember to also paint the sides. Allow to dry.
4. Tape the stencil to the canvas and stencil with the white paint. Allow to dry.
5. I printed an inspirational quote, using my laser printer. I used a Sharpie to color the edge in black. It just gives it a little more definition.
6. I used my Mod Podge and painted it on the back of the quote. I placed it onto the canvas, painted more Mod Podge over the top and rubbed it down.
7. I used a skewer stick and added some glitter paint to highlight some of the dandelion seeds.
8. Once dry, mix four ounces of the resin, according to the package directions. Pour it over the canvas and use a disposable sponge brush to move it over the canvas and to the edges.
9. Take your lighter and pop the bubbles.
10. Take the metal dragonfly and place it onto the wet resin. Drip extra resin around (not on) the dragonfly.
11. Go back a couple of times to pop any additional bubble. Let it cure a minimum of 12 hours before handling.
That’s it! Now you have a fresh and inspiring piece of artwork to brighten your room decor!
Be sure to check out these resin artwork pieces I have done in the past:
Thanks for stopping by! Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!
4 thoughts on “Inspirational Resin Artwork DIY ~ Easy Room Decor”
Nice tutorial , very clear . clap clap thanks
wow nice video , thumps up for this thanks for sharing with us 🙂
Nice idea.. very clear vision.. thanks for sharing that video
I will follow this.. Thanks for sharing that..