Learn how to make a Newspaper Heart Resin Coaster! It’s an easy resin craft tutorial.
You will need:
The links below help support this channel, as I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Heart stencil: https://amzn.to/2W73ySL
Red acrylic paint: https://amzn.to/2W3cc4G
Pigment powders: https://amzn.to/2RL523A
Wet Ones: https://amzn.to/2pXbqrQ
Resin (use whatever resin brand you like):
Easy Cast: http://amzn.to/2yjYmBC
Art Resin: http://amzn.to/2yk9X3z
Clear Cast: http://amzn.to/2z4rxGw
This is the resin I used for this project:
FX Poxy: http://amzn.to/2AF3Pkk ~ According to the manufacturer, this one is heat resistant to 500 degrees F.
Fast Cast (optional for white background): https://amzn.to/2wTZ6wc
White pigment (optional to tint clear resin for background): https://amzn.to/2QbPRiU
Here is a quick video tutorial, so you can see exactly how I made it:
1. I mixed one ounce of fast curing resin, which cures white. I didn’t want a stark white background, so I mixed in some copper pigment powder.
2. I poured it into the mold. The resin cures fast, so you need to move quick!
3. Once cured, you can remove the coaster from the mold.
4. I removed it from the mold and laid it on a flat surface.
5. I tore up some newspaper.
6. I painted the Mod Podge onto the coaster.
7. I laid the newspaper onto the coaster.
8. I painted Mod Podge on the newspaper pieces, as I put them on.
9. I repeated this until I covered the hole face of the coaster.
10. Once all of the Mod Podge has dried, I stenciled a heart onto it, with acrylic paint.
11. I mixed an ounce of clear resin and slowly poured it over the coaster.
12. I helped it get to the edges.
13. I used my lighter to pop the bubbles and let it cure for a minimum of 12 hours, before handling.
That’s it! Here it is finished!
Here is the back!
Thanks for stopping by! Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!