It’s that Valentine’s time of year again! You’ve got to just love the love!
*This blog uses affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
You will need:
- Silicone heart mold: https://amzn.to/2X53JPN
- Glitter confetti flakes: https://amzn.to/2Grkf7h
- Red glitter: https://amzn.to/2UXKJ3v
- Fine white glitter: https://amzn.to/2TQhX50
- Pigment powder: https://amzn.to/2X50ck7
- Wire: https://amzn.to/2Bzb1ls
- Hot glue: https://amzn.to/2GoX51r
- E6000 glue: https://amzn.to/2DBexMp
- When deciding on which resin to use, there are a lot of qualities that might be appealing, UV resistant, price, heat resistance, etc. Just make sure to select a resin that fits your needs.
- Use whatever brand you like:
- Easy Cast: http://amzn.to/2yjYmBC
- Art Resin: http://amzn.to/2yk9X3z
- Clear Cast: http://amzn.to/2z4rxGw
- These are heat resistant resins:
- FX Poxy: http://amzn.to/2AF3Pkk ~ According to the manufacturer, this one is heat resistant to 500 degrees F.
- Stone Coat: https://amzn.to/2FZoWX8
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Prepare your resin, according to the package directions. I did 2 ounces in each pour.
2. Mix in glitter confetti flakes and pour into mold. Help it spread out, if needed. Pop bubbles with your lighter and allow to cure.
3. Prepare more resin. Mix in red glitter and pink pigment powder (in two separate cups) and randomly pour both into the mold. Pop bubbles and allow to cure.
4. Mix pigment powder in three separate cups (I did red, light silver and dark silver). Pour randomly into cups. Pop bubbles and allow to cure.
5. Once cured (a minimum of 12 hours), remove from mold. Cut a length of wire and glue it onto the back of the heart, so you can hang it on the wall!
That’s it! Thanks for stopping by!
Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!