I know Shark Week is over, but I’m late posting this. The video was up on time, but I ran out of time to keep updated here.
I found the shark stickers at Walmart and they seemed perfect for a Shark Week themed coaster, or two.
You will need:
The links below help support this channel, as I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
– Coaster mold: https://amzn.to/2JWPngf
– Blue glitter: https://amzn.to/2YD6HL7
– Silver glitter: https://amzn.to/2VMKgq2
– White glitter: https://amzn.to/2VKhje4
– Shark stickers: https://amzn.to/2Echxjx
– Resin (use whatever resin brand you like):
Easy Cast: http://amzn.to/2yjYmBC
Art Resin: http://amzn.to/2yk9X3z
Clear Cast: http://amzn.to/2z4rxGw
FX Poxy: http://amzn.to/2AF3Pkk ~ According to the manufacturer, this one is heat resistant to 500 degrees F.
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Prepare your resin
2. Pour a thin layer into your mold and add your glitter. It will sink to the bottom and leave a flat surface.
3. Allow to sit and cure for 12 hours.
4. Apply stickers directly to the resin. Apply Mod Podge to the top of the stickers if they are paper rather than plastic. This prevents any dark spots from forming on the stickers. Allow Mod Podge to completely dry. If you don’t let it dry before adding your next layer of resin, it will stay white and cloudy.
5. Apply another thin coat of resin to finish it off and imbed the stickers!
6. Allow to cure for 12 hours before unmolding.
That’s it! Thanks for stopping by, Happy Crafting and Happy Belated Shark Week!
1 thought on “Shark Week Sticker Glitter Coasters!”
Sometime few educational blogs become very helpful while getting relevant and new information related to your targeted area. As I found this blog and appreciate the information delivered to my database.